The following is a small account of paranormal happenings.
The Church institute was designed by Henry James Kilford who was the Surveyor to the Local Board and later to the Borough Council. It was opened in 1884 and was built in red brick with stone dressings to the front elevation.
The words ‘Church Institute’ are highlighted in terracotta lettering on the sidewall in Market Street. Inside the main entrance porch, there is a memorial tablet to nine members who died in the First World War and three who died in the Second.
The Corner Cafe
Various reportings of noises and shadows, also footsteps.
The Sewing Shop
Again Various reports of shadows, moving objects, and noises.