Rutland Mills Ilkeston: Sudbury’s Factory — Market Street
The following is a small account of paranormal happenings, backed by employers of A4E who occupied one area.
A substantial late 19th-century three-story brick-built hosiery factory on the east side of Market Street, erected for C and F Sudbury and later used by Rutland Garments. The two-story building to the rear may be of an earlier date.
The building has now been converted into apartments.
Paranormal Activity includes.
- knocking, footsteps, and sounds of doors opening and closing
- Intelligent Haunting – Spirits responding to Questions
- Child play – laughter, running
- An old man passing through
- Various mention of a darker, dominant spirit – feelings